Boston Graduate Mathematics Colloquium, FKA Charles River Graduate Student Joint Mathematics Colloquium
This colloquium came into being because some graduate students from different schools wanted to know more about each others' research, and figure that other students might want to as well. It's crazy how there are so many math grad students within a few miles of each other in the Boston area, and also how few will actually meet each other in their grad careers. The aim is to provide a venue for grad students at all levels to give math talks accessible to a general audience, and meet fellow researchers who are right down the street
- help grad students practice talks.
- help grad students meet other grad students,
- particularly with intersecting research interests.
- help grad students stave off starvation with free lunch.
- 4th meeting at Harvard University, April 28 2018
- website with schedule and abstracts (coming soon)