If you are thinking of asking me to write a letter of recommendation for you:
What you need to provide for me:
- Grades: You must have received at least a B in my
class in order for me to write any of letter of recommendation for you. If the
letter is for an application to a mathematics graduate program, you must have
received at least an A- in an upper level course (500 or above).
- Advance notice: You must request that I write your letter(s)
at least 1 month before it is due.
- You must waive your right to see any letters I submit. (It is unlikely
that a school will take my letter seriously if they know you have access to it.)
- An email with a list of all programs to which you are applying that require a
letter from me, along with their individuate due dates.
- For electronic applications, please provide links for me to access the relevant
online systems. For paper applications, please provide an addressed envelope
with postage for each appliation.
- Any documents that will help me write the letter (eg your CV, personal
statement, application essay, transcript, etc)
- A list of your other letter writers and their departments.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATIONS!!