Department of Mathematics and Statistics
111 Cummington Street
Boston, MA 02215
Phone: (617) 353-9543
Office: MCS 230
- I am a postdoc working with Eric
Kolaczyk in the statistical analysis of network data.
- Research Interests: My research interests roughly split into
- Analysis of Complex Networks: I'm interested in using
statistics, probability, stochastic processes, geometry and spectral
graph theory in the analysis of complex networks that arise in
Biology, Chemistry, Sociology and Computer Science.
- Machine Learning: Supervised, Semi-supervised, Unsupervised and
Reinforcement Learning. I'm interested in developing techniques
which, given a set of input data, allow a computer to learn from it,
producing a desired set of output data in an environment which is
(semi) supervised by the user, reinforced by the user using rewards
and punishments, or completely unsupervised by the user. In
particular, this includes but is not limited to: spectral
clustering, inference of probability distributions
and stochastic processes from their samples, and estimation of
manifold dimension by its samples and reduction techniques (everything
under noise, of course).
- Differential /discrete geometry, analysis and their applications.
- Mathematical Finance and actuarial mathematics.