INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOMEWORK
- Use 8.5 x 11 paper. White or yellow (unbleached is fine, but no
other colors or sizes).
- Write on only one side. You may use recycled paper with writing
or typing on the other side. I will only look at one side of each page.
- If multiple pages, staple in the upper left hand corner (no
"dog ear" or paper clips).
- Write your name and BU ID number clearly at the top left corner
of the 1st page and number the
- Leave space. Extra space between problems, around formulas and even
between lines makes your paper much more readable.
- Use lined
paper unless you are very good a writing straight and with a consistent
size without lines.
- Always write in complete sentences. Even (in fact, especially) the
equations should be part of sentences. Please use notation as appropriate
(i.e., y=2x is fine and should NOT be written "y equals two times x",
the "=" symbol is the verb).
Good tests are to ask yourself "Is this like it is written in the text?"
"If I read exactly what I have written, in order, no added words, to
someone over the phone, would they understand?"
- DO NOT: Hand in pages ripped from spiral note books.
- DO NOT: Use paperclips or "dog-ear" papers together.
- DO NOT: Hand in pages out of order.
- DO NOT: Crowd your work, write tiny near the end of a problem
or write up
the side of the page (just go on to the next page).
- DO NOT: Hand in sloppy work.