Daniel Rayor Hast
I am a postdoc with the Simons Collaboration on Arithmetic Geometry, Number Theory, and Computation in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics at Boston University. I'm currently working in number theory, arithmetic algebraic geometry, and Diophantine geometry, with a focus on p-adic approaches to rational points on varieties.
- Explicit two-cover descent for genus 2 curves (preprint, 2021).
- Functional transcendence for the unipotent Albanese map. Algebra & Number Theory vol. 15 (2021), no. 6, pp. 1565–1580. DOI: 10.2140/ant.2021.15.1565. arXiv:1911.00587 [math.NT]
- Rational points and unipotent fundamental groups (Ph.D. thesis, University of Wisconsin–Madison, June 2018).
- J. S. Ellenberg and D. R. Hast. Rational points on solvable curves over Q via non-abelian Chabauty. Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2021 (to appear). DOI: 10.1093/imrn/rnab141. arXiv:1706.00525 [math.NT].
- D. R. Hast and V. Matei. Higher moments of arithmetic functions in short intervals: a geometric perspective. Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2019, no. 21, pp. 6554–6584. DOI: 10.1093/imrn/rnx310. arXiv:1604.02067 [math.NT].
- Mailing address:
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
111 Cummington Mall
Boston, MA 02215