Dynamical Systems Seminars
The Dynamical Systems seminar is held on Monday afternoon at
4:00 PM in MCS 149. Tea beforehand at 3:30 PM in MCS 153.
- January 26: Bruce Kitchens (IBM)
Minkowski Matrices and Almost-Continuous Maps of the Torus
- February 2: Chong-Qing Cheng (Northwestern University)
Lower Dimensional Invariant Tori in the Resonance Region of
- February 9: Arthur Robinson (George Washington University)
A Smooth Model for a Tiling Dynamical System with a non Pisot Expansion
- February 16: Holiday, No Seminar.
- February 23: P. Joseph McKenna (University of Connecticut)
Nonlinear Oscillations in Suspension Bridges
- March 2: Mark Johnson (IMA)
Invariant Manifolds, Global
Long-time Dynamical Sensitivity to Spatial Dependence:
Studies of the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky Equation
- March 9: Spring Break. No Seminar.
- March 16: Mitsuhiro Shishikura, Johns Hopkins University
- March 23: Alisa DeStefano, College of the Holy Cross
A Connection Between Topological Dynamics and Control Theory; The
Relationship Between Primeness and Universal Observability
- March 30: Vadim Zharnitsky (Brown University)
A New Proof of the Existence of Caustics in Convex Billiards
- April 6: Gareth Roberts (Boston University)
Relative Equilibria in the N-Body Problem: Linear Stability and a
Conjecture by Smale
- April 13: Kristen Moore (University of Connecticut)
Large Amplitude Torsional Oscillations in the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- April 20: Holiday. No Seminar.
- April 27:
BU Dynamical Systems Home Page
BU Mathematics Department Home Page