This method plots the logarithm of the median (or average) variance of
residuals (after fitting a line to a block of size m) of a process versus
the logarithm of the aggregation level. A least-squares line is fitted to
the data, and the slope provides an estimate of H.
A more detailed description.
There are several options available for using the variance of residuals
The default routine uses the median method. The routine plotpeng.av
uses the average method.
- The cut-off points for the estimation can be set. (power1, power2).
- The data can be aggregated previously to estimation. (aggreg).
- nvar is the number of different levels to use in estimation.
- The fitted line whose slope is 2H-2 can be drawn or not. (slopes).
- Just an estimate can be obtained, or the graphical plot as well. The
latter is always recommended when an unknown series is being examined. The
former can be used in length simulation studies, etc. (plotflag).